How many times have you heard a guy say “that bish is crazy” or “I just don’t get it bro”. Too many times. Men are great don’t get me wrong but what could make them better is if they understood women better; there are many guys that do try to understand us, but not enough. We are living in a society where women are raised to know that they don’t need a man to achieve their goals unlike in Granny’s day where marriage and babies were their only aspiration. Now we get to look up to women like Michelle Obama, Beyonce, Anna Wintour, Amal Clooney, Angela Merkel and admire the work that they have done and the standards they have set. We live in a generation where women can rule countries, own businesses, raise ambitious families, pioneer scientific revolutions and do everything a man can do and more. What a time to be alive!
I know that Drake new album states that ” women they come they go, Saturday through Sunday, Monday Monday through Sunday yo” but even Drake knows some women are there to stay and if you wanna keep them there, you need to understand them and not call them bitches.
It takes a strong man to stand by a strong women. Don’t try to hold us back, hold our hand and tell us that we’re doing great sweetie
The point of this blog post isn’t to run a feminist rally and bad mouth men, I love men. The point is to laugh about the things that men so often misunderstand about women. I always laugh when I talk to my partner about these things because he will just tell me “that guys are simple man, we don’t think about that shit, our brains don’t work like that, we just want to chill” or “listen Demi, I’m so laid back, I don’t care”. I feel you guys out there trying to understand us with no success but let me tell you something, If you want a happy life and a happy wife, try a little harder. Hopefully I’ll help your understanding in this blog post.
THE THINGS GUYS JUST DON’T GET ABOUT WOMEN
- WE DO NOT NEED ALL OF YOUR ATTENTION: We do not live for your attention, I repeat, sometimes we just want to do our thing and forget that we share this planet with smelly boys. The reason this is on here is because sometimes my partner mistakes my moodiness for lack of attention. Bitch no, I need some alone time to touch my titties if that’s okay. Women are perfectly capable of entertaining themselves without you.
- IT’S NOT BECAUSE I’M ON MY PERIOD: Guys, you do not have the right to use this in any argument. If I wanna eat 3 tubs of ice cream then I will, it isn’t always because I’m cruising the crimson wave. If I’m trying to smash 4 times a day, it’s not because i’m coming on my period, I just wanna smash. If I’m crying at a advert, its because those dogs need adopting and they look sad, not because i’m emotional.
- WE DON’T LOOK GOOD FOR YOU: When I am looking like a 23/10 because I’m off out I do not need you to ask me who I am trying to look good for. MYSELF BITCH, I LOOK LIKE THIS FOR ME. All these beautiful women out there look good for them. They flick the eyeliner for themselves. They get that tummy flat flat for themselves. They wear that body hugging dress because they can and they be looking like a snack because they are a snack, not for you. The only time a girl wants to look good for you is when it’s your birthday.
- GIRL TALK: Women like to talk shit just as much as you. In fact I personally talk shit just so I can hear the sound of my own voice. When a woman is on the phone to the friends, sometimes they are just rambling for the sake of it. We don’t always have something groundbreaking to say. Someone I want to call the girls and tell them about how good a pizza slice I had was or how bomb my new underwear looks or how much of a lazy onion I was that day. We’re not always conspiring.
- ONLINE SHOPPING: We love to shop. Not because it’s a women thing but because we like to look good and feel confident in our appearance. It’s gotten to a point where I try to hide all my parcels from my partner so he doesn’t give me the “we need to talk about your problem” speech.
- WE ALSO LIKE TO ROCK OUT WITH OUR COCKS OUT: What I mean by this is that we also like to lounge around nakey and do absolutely nothing. Guys, you aren’t the only ones who like to be slobs, in fact, I bet you £20 I am a bigger slob than most of you. I didn’t shower for 3 days once and laid in bed eating cookies whilst watching Game of Thrones and Sex and the City. I love doing nothing.
- WE NEED LOVE AND CARE: The strongest women with the hardest and iciest exterior, who you’d probably think twice about approaching at the bar, needs just as much love and care as anyone else. Yes we like to be independent and strong, but that isn’t to spite you, its to make sure that we can be self-sufficient and be proud of the women that we are. But, there’s times were all we need is a shoulder to cry and and someone to be strong for us. Just like you men, when you break down, there will be a women there to support you whether that be your mum, sister, friend or partner. Don’t confuse independence for lack of sentiments.
- WE LOVE IT WHEN YOU SUPPORT US: Women are more ambitious today than ever. Many of my friends have careers that demand their energy, time and commitment. It takes a strong man to stand by a strong women. Don’t try to hold us back, hold our hand and tell us that we’re doing great sweetie. Let us know that you’ll be there for us no matter what. Do not be intimated by our success. We will be there for you.
I am going to wrap it up there because I could probably rant on for 3 more years. I love being a women but I also know what it means sometimes. I don’t get guys either and I wish that some dude would write a blog post telling me the innerworkings of the male species. One thing I will say is that being in a relationship really helps your understanding of the opposite sex. I love how much care and understanding comes from my partner but sometimes we both get it wrong. I don’t understand him or he doesn’t understand me. But it’s a working progress like everything in life.
I adore that women and men are different. It is what makes our relationships and friendships unique. But its important that we try to understand each other. If any guys read this, please understand that I am not throwing shade, just helping you understand a few things. You’ll thank me one day.